Sudoku research and articles
- Mathematics of Sudoku entry at Wikipedia.
- Taking Sudoku Seriously, an article by Laura Taalman in Math Horizons.
- Puzzling over Sudoku, an article by Laura Taalman in Madison Magazine.
- Minimum Sudoku, a collection of over 40,000 17-clue puzzles by Gordon Royle.
- Mathematics of Sudoku I (enumerating Sudoku grids), by Felgenhauer and Jarvis.
- Mathematics of Sudoku II (enumerating essentially different Sudoku grids), by Russell and Jarvis.
- Sudoku, gerechte designs, resolutions, affine space, spreads, reguli, and Hamming codes, by Biley, Cameron, and Connelly.
- Mathematics of Sudoku, Roku Doku, and Shidoku, by Sourendu Gupta.
- An Integer Programming Model for the Sudoku Problem, by Bartlett, Chartier, Langville, and Rankin, Journal of Online Mathematics.
- Sudoku as a Constraint Problem, by Helmut Simonis.
- Sudokus and Gröbner Bases: Not Only a Divertimento, by Gago-Vargas, Hartillo-Hermoso, Martín-Morales, and Ucha-Enríquez.
- UC Irvine Sudoku Research by computer science professor David Eppstein, who investigates nonrepetitive paths and cycles in graphs.
- Partial Chromatic Polynomials and Diagonally Distinct Sudoku Squares, by Füsun Akman.
- Graph Algorithms article from Dr. Dobb's Portal on using graph theory to build Sudoku solvers.
- Forbidding Chains as a generalization of all Sudoku solving strategies.
- Sudoku Squares and Chromatic Polynomials, by Agnes Hertzberg and Ram Murty, from the AMS Notices.
- Benjamin Franklin Plays Sudoku, by Julie J. Rehmeyer, at Science News Online.